
Saturday, July 26, 2008
No fireworks...
We tried. I was so excited for Laily to see and experience her first fireworks show. We started the evening with a cookout at our house. Then, a small group of us went into town to catch the BIG show that is set off at the baseball stadium. We were all excited and positioned ourselves on a grassy hill right around 9pm along with about 100 other onlookers. Laily was getting tired of course, but we were doing all we could to keep her happy until the show started. Well, the show started...we could hear them...we just couldn't see them...they were behind all the trees! It was so sad! By the time we ran to another area to catch the last bit of it, Laily was asleep! The funny part of it all was while we were waiting, we asked a family next to us if this was a good spot to see the show and they said they sit there every year...I guess the trees grew a lot this year.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I am so jealous of your cute backyard for fun cookouts!!! Ughh...one day...
And that story is hilarious. That will be one of those you tell for years to come..."Laily's first fireworks show".
amy here:
hilarious that kristi's comment was about your backyard, because mine is too!! i LOVE your backyard, how cute!!
and that laily gets even cuter with every post!!!!
you know our girls favor a little bit...hmmmm....
Love the family picture. You are a beautiful family!
hey you two!!! laily is beautiful!!! love catching up on ya'll!
So fun! Looks like y'all had a good group to hang out with. I'm hoping that means that you have a good friend group out there in Omaha.
I miss hearing from you!
no fireworks, no posts...
come on, Eldridges - we miss Laily!!
Post a Comment