
Back in the mid-90's I broke my leg and my parents got me a sweet pair of crutches to help get me around. As I went through my reckless teen years, it seems I busted the crutches out of the closet about once a year. Now that my activity level has slowed quite a bit, I figured the worst of my "sports injury" days were behind me...think again. Ever since my last knee surgery about 14 months ago, I've been diligently exercising to ensure that my knee would hold up from here on out. Well, about a month ago I finally ventured back onto the basketball court, strapped tightly in my kneebrace, stretched and ready for action. The good news is that my knee held up great...the bad news is that my achilles tendon didn't. They say that it's a pretty common injury for slightly out-of-shape guys in their late-30's...I fit the out-of-shape bit, but I'm still 3 months shy of 30, so I guess I'm ahead of the game (note: so far I've had doctors tell me I have the back of a 50 yr. old and the knee of a 40 yr. old...why not add the achilles of a 35 yr. old?). So, for those of you who know my injury history, you'll agree that my injury proneness has gone from inconvenient, to annoying, to Twilight Zonish, but Shireen has been a great nurse to me and I'm actually healing way faster than expected...Praise God! Thanks for the crutches, Mom.


3 comments:
At least it's a good excuse to plow through the great book you're reading in the first picture.
Yikes - those doctors are harsh! At least you have your hair...
And good thing you married a nurse!
I agree with Krisit. Smart move marrying a nurse.
Post a Comment